The secret to feeding old Yorkies is providing meals that isn’t a struggle to consume. While you can feed any type of variety to your little guy by softening it with wet blend or water, I have compiled a list of specific diet options for your toothless Yorkie. They also work great for seniors with teeth too!
Check out the best food for old Yorkie with no teeth (or bad/few teeth) and pick one that you think your canine will thoroughly enjoy!
|Top Picks||Rating||Top Ingredients|
|1.||4.9||Nutro — Wholesome Essentials Senior Farm Raised Chicken, Brown Rice & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food|
|2.||4.8||VICTOR — Senior Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food|
READ ALSO: Best Food for Yorkie Terrier
Best Food for Senior Yorkie with No Teeth
Here are the two most Recommended Yorkshire Terriers Senior Dog Foods by Vets:
- Nutro — Wholesome Essentials Senior Farm Raised Chicken, Brown Rice & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food
- Life Stage: Senior
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein 23.0% (min.), moisture 10.0%, crude fat 12% (min.), and crude fiber 4.0% (max.)
- Form: Dry
- First 5 ingredients: Chicken, Brewers Rice, Split Peas, Whole Brown Rice, and Chicken Meal
This rich ground dinner recipe by Nutro is perfect to serve your furry buddy with no teeth. The soft meal is chopped and does not include chunky pieces.
Easy to chew, this dog food is formulated with high quality ingredients such as Chicken, special replenish antioxidants, Omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and ALA which support brain and cellular health.
- VICTOR — Senior Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food
- Life Stage: Senior
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein 27.0% (min.), crude fiber 4.5% (max.), crude fat 11.5% (min.), and moisture 9.0% (max.)
- First 5 ingredients: Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Grain Sorghum, Chicken Fat, Whole Grain Millet
The Victor Purpose Senior Healthy Dry Dog Food is another alternative for your senior Yorkie. It’s full of nutrients.
Two most prominent ones are Glucosamine and chondroitin that helps maintain optimal joint health and converts fats to energy for muscle development.
Perfect for less active senior dogs that needs to lose weight, and the gluten-free formula is perfect for senior dogs with a sensitive stomach.
Now that you know what your elderly Yorkie nutritional needs are, you are set to shop for the Best Food for Senior Yorkie with No Teeth. Avoid products made with artificial additives and only go for ones made with wholesome natural ingredients.